Change is on the way
Mizan Choudhury is an immigrant, a self-made person and a proud father of 2 children. Mizan started from humble beginnings, worked as a bus-boy and served food to President Donald Trump at his Trump Tower complex. Like millions of Americans, he worked during the day and went to IT school in the evening to live the American dream. From the IT Department of Brioni’s, he went to Verizon, New York Community Bank, Vodafone and Northwell Health, where he now works as an Operations Manager and manages a group of engineers.
Mizan is running for Congress. CD 5 needs a Congressman who stands up for our whole district – Far Rockaway, Ozone Park, Richmond Hill, Jamaica, Rochdale Village and Elmont; across economic strata, across ethnicities, across politics.
It is time to change, to be bold, visionary, united in the fight for the future of everyone in CD 5. It’s time to put a progressive Democrat in Washington and return our government to the people.
With Mizan’s 18+ years of experience working for Fortune 500 companies in the USA, he knows how to lead. He is an active member of the Queens County Democratic Party, active member of the Eleanor Roosevelt Democratic Club, member of the Community Board 13, active in Assemblyman David Weprin’s South Asian Advisory Committee, and informally working with various local and State officials to advocate and promote the safety and welfare of our district. He is also an entrepreneur, businessman and active member of the Queens Chamber of Commerce.
As a parent of 2 young children who go to public schools, he knows children are the future, and education is the key to securing our futures. As an activist and community leader, he knows the issues affecting our district – jobs, income, healthcare, and education. He is a leader and will fight for you. He wants your votes and to make CD 5 the next technology hub.
Your Issues are our Issues!
- JOB TRAINING and creation to battle our high unemployment rate. Mizan will fight to open a technology park in Jamaica in order to secure our future in the 21st
- AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE for all of our residents by defending the Affordable Care Act, reducing costs for medical treatment, and providing subsidies to those in need.
- AFFORDABLE HOUSING for our Seniors and working families by increasing access to loans, focusing on affordable rental units, and fighting to close the HUD budget gap.
- WELCOME, ALL IMMIGRANTS by maintaining our laws on Family Reunification, and supporting Dreamers.
- REFORM OUR CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM by ending mass incarceration, supporting community policing, and reforming our gun control laws.
A real Democrat for Washington. On June 26, Vote for Change.